This is a recipe for a poem I wrote. Now you can write a similar poem. Enjoy!
- Choose a word at random. (Maybe a noun?)
- Using that word, generate a set of “is” statements. (For example, if your word was “boredom” then these would be phrases that begin “boredom is”.)
- Copy the phrases and paste them into a word processor.
- Do a find-and-replace to replace all instances of the randomly chosen word (“boredom” etc.) with a new, meaningful word of your choosing.
- Repeat steps 1-4 above, selecting different words, until you have 100 lines or more pasted into your file.
- Read all your new phrases.
- Keep the ones you like.
- Make up new phrases to replace the ones you don’t like.
- Shuffle the lines. Or order them however you like.